Don’t rely on luck to win in Fortnite, this is how you can secure a Victory Royale
Fortnite by Epic Games is still classified as one of the best Android games and is a huge reason why the battle royale genre has gone mainstream. Battle Royale is a growing genre, and despite there being so many games that impress, Fortnite is still Android’s best Battle Royales. Fortnite’s reliability and age also make it a popular choice among veterans who return every league season, so you may need to be ready to brush up on your survival skills if you’re planning on winning some Victory Royales. Thankfully, Android Police is here to help you with the latest tips and tricks to keep every new player in the loop – no more pub pounding in your matches.
If you’re looking for Fortnite but don’t know how to access the app, check out our setup guide on how to download and install Fortnite on your Android device. While you can access the app from Epic Games and the Galaxy Store, we believe that streaming your experience on your best Android phone is still the most reliable way to play Fortnite.
Tips and tricks to earn your first Victory Royale
- Change your in-game settings: Enable 60 FPS, enable auto fire mode (best for beginners), adjust the touch and motion sensitivity sliders to your liking (remember, lower sensitivity gives the most control over aiming), enable voice chat to be more effective with teammates, and enable sound effect visualization.
- Loot for the highest rarity gear and Shield Potions. The colors are gray (common), green (sometimes), blue (rare), purple (epic), orange (legendary), and gold (mythical). Hold onto your purple, orange and gold for weapons/gear. Drinking a shield potion adds a shield to your health, giving you an extra layer of protection before enemies damage your health bar.
- Arming yourself with a weapon gets priority. Try to acquire weapons suitable for both long-range and short-range combat, such as long-range snipers and short-range shotguns. Getting caught without a weapon spells problems.
- Unobtrusive play will make you survive by being too aggressive. If you see enemy players, try to hide and not let them know your location. If you see empty houses and open doors, players may have recently visited that location, so always explore and walk/crouch (limit your noise) before going into the open space.
- Keep up to date with the Storm, and always plan to get closer to the next circle before the larger circle gets smaller. The Storm approaches faster the longer a match lasts. Having your back against the storm also means there are no enemies behind you.
- Play to the goal. You’ll spend most of each round collecting gear and exploring the map, but at some point you’ll be forced to engage in skirmishes with enemy players. Only engage in battles that you will win with confidence. Make sure the coast is clear before looting dead bodies, some players camp with bodies as bait for easy kills with a sniper rifle nearby.
- Improve your mechanics. You will sometimes be outdone during a skirmish, thanks to the different skill levels of the players. That’s why we look to Epic Games’ Fortnite creative mode for additional help. Creative mode allows users to upload custom maps and design mini-games to enhance the experience; just enter an island code in the Island code tab. Consider including target trainers and playing deathmatch modes as your warm-up regiments (we recommend loading Trickshot Deathrun – Got Aim pt. 3: 2732-3053-0999 and a target training from Teadoh: 9588-0826-4314 ); that way, you’ll be ready to strike during your encounters.
Remark: Gameplay screenshots are from Nvidia’s GeForce Now streaming service for Android devices. It is currently one of our favorite options for playing Fortnite on mobile. You can get better performance than native Fortnite app version while enjoying high quality graphics.
- Start playing Fortnite’s Zero Build mode. You may not know it yet, but building in Fortnite is optional. You either love to build or you hate it. But for new players, the build mechanism is clunky and can add a new level of difficulty to your gameplay. Concentrate on learning the basic moves, feeling your weapon sensitivity and remembering the map. Don’t try to build until you’ve mastered the basics.
Practice makes perfect in Fortnite
To improve at Fortnite you have to work hard, which means a lot of repetitive practice. The more consistent you become as a player, the easier it is to implement our tips and tricks without thinking. Practice makes perfect, and eventually you’ll see progress in earning those sweet Victory Royales. On the other hand, if you’re on a hot streak for Victory Royales in Fortnite and feel like you’re not being challenged, maybe check out our Apex Legends Mobile Beginner’s Guide to see if EA’s Battle Royale is another game to add. to your repertoire.