Fortnite is one of the most popular free-to-play battle royale games, accessible on consoles, PC and even mobile devices. While the game has its drawbacks, it is an enjoyable title that will suit everyone. In general install: Fortnite on any device should be stress-free; however, that’s not the case for Chromebooks.
A Chromebook is not the best option for gaming due to the machine’s specs and limitations. Anyway, it is possible to play games like: Fortnite on the device. to install Fortnite on Chromebook will take some technical know-how, but we are going to give you safe ways to accomplish this task.
Method 1 – Download Fortnite APK
Fortnite is playable on Android, and through certain procedures it is possible to play Fortnite on Chromebook. Simply put, by using this method, players gain access to: Fortnite’s mobile (Android) version on the Chromebook.
To play Fortnite on the Chromebook with an APK file, you need to go through the following steps:
- Turn on first Developer mode on the Chromebook. To do this, reboot the machine and go to settings. Enabling developer mode allows players to use the Fortnite APK without any stress. To enable developer mode in Chrome OS, use the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT = J. Then type CTRL + SHIFT + m to change the outlook of Chrome in the mobile version.
- Putting Chrome into developer mode allows users to access the google Play Store on the Chromebook.
- Then go to Settings on the Chromebook and click the apps icon. Once you’ve done this, ‘enable the installation of apps from the Play Store on your Chromebook’
- click on More.
- Select ‘I agree with that.’
- The Chromebook is programmed by default to avoid installing from unknown sources, so you should disable it. Go to App settings and enable installation from unknown sources in the safety section.
- To download the Fortnite apk, you need to install a file manager app. Since you can now access the Google Play Store, install a decent file manager app from the store.
- Then download the Android version of Fortnite of Epic Games.
- After downloading the APK file, open the file manager app downloaded from Google Play Store, install Fortnite APK and start gaming!
REMARK: This method will not work for all Chromebooks, especially Chromebooks with Intel processors. However, if this method doesn’t work, try the others mentioned in this guide.
Method 2 – Using Nvidia GeForce on Chromebook Now
Chromebook isn’t exactly built for gaming or high-level tasks, given the computer’s decent specs. However, Chromebook users can still enjoy playing Fortnite using Nvidia GeForce Now. Nvidia GeForce Now is a cloud-based streaming service that requires a consistent internet connection to play games such as Fortnite am working on it. Honestly, this is the best alternative for Chromebook users who want to play Fortnite.
To access: Fortnite on Nvidia GeForce Now, follow these steps:
- Go to the Geforce Now website in a decent browser, preferably Chrome, and press Sign Up Now in the top corner of the website.
- After clicking ‘Become a member now,’ the site will display the available membership plans. Choose a suitable subscription by clicking ‘Join’ at the bottom of one of the subscriptions.
- Click on Participate will automatically redirect users to the Nvidia portal to create or login to an existing Nvidia account. For new users, type in your email and click Create account.
- Then click on your email inbox and click on the required permissions to create an account.
- After doing this, complete your profile by inserting your account information.
- Confirm your account settings by checking the required boxes. Click Submit.
- After creating your account, log back into your GeForce Now account and search for Fortnite.
- Fortnite is free on GeForce, so players can add it to their libraries and play the game afterwards.
- Log in to your Epic Games account and link it to your GeForce Now account.
After implementing these steps, Chromebook users should be able to play Fortnite easily in their browsers without adjusting anything to the Chromebook system.
Method 3 – Using Chrome Remote Desktop Stream
This option is only valid for Chromebook users who have a PC. What this method involves is streaming Fortnite directly from the PC to a Chromebook, with Chrome Remote Desktop. Although the app runs on the PC, you can play the game on the Chromebook.
Follow these steps to connect a PC to the Chromebook using Chrome Remote Desktop.
- To download Fortnite on the PC.
- Then download Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook.
- Make sure both the PC and Chromebook are associated with the same Google account.
- On the Chromebook, launch the Chrome Remote Desktop app and connect to your PC.
After doing this, players should be able to play Fortnite on the Chromebook PC using Chrome Remote Desktop.
Method 4 – Using Xbox Cloud Gaming
As a Chromebook user, one of the benefits of getting the Xbox Game Pass is using the Xbox Cloud Gaming service to stream Fortnite to your Chromebook. This method is similar to using Nvidia GeForce Now, but is the better option if you own an Xbox console.
Follow these simple steps to use Xbox Cloud Gaming:
- Purchase an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
- Put Chrome in developer mode.
- Install the Xbox Game Pass app on the Chromebook from the Google Play Store.
- Search the app for Fortnite and play.
Note: The Xbox Game Pass app is still in beta, so keep this in mind while playing Fortnite am working on it.
Fortnite is now available on PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and mobile devices.
LAKE: The best open world games on Xbox Game Pass